Last revised: December 16th, 2003
Bubba's Bits, Inc. created this Privacy Statement to demonstrate our commitment to Internet user's privacy. The following policy discloses Bubba's Bits' information collecting, use, and disclosure practices for our Web site. Our employees are required to follow our privacy policies. Those employees who violate our privacy policies are subject to disciplinary measures up to and including termination.
Bubba's Bits reserves the right to revise this Privacy Statement at any time at our discretion. Changes to our Privacy Statement will become effective upon posting to our Web site. Bubba's Bits will endeavor to notify current registered users of our services of changes in our Privacy Statement by sending an e-mail to their last known e-mail address. Changes with respect to current registered users will become effective upon transmission of the e-mail notifying them of such statement.
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Statement and policies or your dealings with our Web site, please contact us as follows:Bubba's Bits, Inc.
Bubba's Bits collects different types of information in connection with the rendering of our services and the administration of our Web site. Bubba's Bits will not voluntarily disclose or sell any information gathered about our users ("Personal Information") to third parties for solicitation or other reasons unless you consent, and except as otherwise provided below.
Bubba's Bits may from time to time approach its users regarding product, service, and other information, or offers which Bubba's Bits feels, based on your Personal Information, may be of interest to our users. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can contact us in the manner provided above. In addition, Personal Information may be released to third parties (i) if Bubba's Bits is required by law to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; (ii) if release of such information is required in connection with the maintenance and administration or our site; (iii) in the very rare circumstance in which Bubba's Bits believes in good faith there is a threat to the physical security of one of our users or others. Although it is Bubba's Bits' policy to attempt to require our third parties to whom Bubba's Bits provides Personal Information to comply with our privacy policies, Bubba's Bits cannot guarantee their compliance.
Our additional practices and policies with respect to our collection and usage practices are addressed as follows:
1. Online Surveys/Polls.From time to time, Bubba's Bits Users may answer online surveys through the Bubba's Bits' Web site. Our online surveys may ask visitors for contact information (such as their e-mail address). Our surveys are designed to obtain broad demographic information regarding our services and the desires and concerns of our customers and visitors.
2. Contests.From time to time, Bubba's Bits Users may participate in contests through the Bubba's Bits' Web site. Bubba's Bits runs contests on our site in which Bubba's Bits may ask visitors for contact information (such as their e-mail address) and demographic information (such as their zip code, age, or income level).
4. Public Forums.Our Web site may contain chat rooms, forums, message boards, or news groups available to Users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and that you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information. Representation information should not be disclosed in public forums.
5. Usage Tracking.Our Web site automatically tracks certain information from Users. This information includes the URL that the User came from, what browser the User is using and the User's IP address. Many Web sites automatically collect this information. Bubba's Bits gathers and uses such information to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. As stated above, Bubba's Bits will not voluntarily disclose or sell any information gathered about our users ("Personal Information") to third parties for solicitation or other reasons unless you consent, and except as otherwise provided above.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change this feature in your browser. The User is always free to decline our cookies if his or her browser permits, although in that case the service may be largely unusable.
7. Correspondence.If a User sends us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, Bubba's Bits may collect such information into a file specific to that User. Users should not send privileged or sensitive materials unless specifically directed, or granted permission, by Bubba's Bits or one of its affiliate attorneys.
8. Regulatory Issues.Due to the existing regulatory environment, Bubba's Bits cannot ensure that all of a User's private communications and other Personal Information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), Bubba's Bits may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Further, Bubba's Bits can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as Bubba's Bits, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate. Therefore, although Bubba's Bits believes Bubba's Bits uses industry standard practices to protect our Users' privacy, Bubba's Bits does not promise that their personally identifiable information or private communications can remain private.
9. Security.Bubba's Bits is aware of Internet User's concerns about the privacy of their information. Our Web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. User information is stored on servers protected by firewall, system-level, and database-level security.
Only those employees of Bubba's Bits who require access to data concerning Users are granted access to the data (e.g., marketing product managers, system administrators, customer service representatives, and engineering personnel). Access to User data by employees is further limited by being solely available through a dedicated administrative interface and through use of a restricted user ID and password. In addition, every employee of Bubba's Bits is required to sign Bubba's Bits' standard Nondisclosure and Developments Agreement that requires employees to keep User data confidential. Bubba's Bits' internal Web security policies are reviewed and revised on a regular basis.
10. International Information.Personal data that you have voluntarily entered is delivered electronically to servers located in the United States. By using Bubba's Bits, you consent to the transfer of this data and to Bubba's Bits' use of such data as outlined in this policy.
11. User's Consent.Users consent to the collection and use of their information as described herein. Users will be notified by e-mail in the event of any fundamental changes to the uses of information that are described herein.
12. Children's Privacy.We do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
13. Data Quality and Access.In accordance with the Fair Information Practices defined by the U.S. government, Bubba's Bits encourages Users to correct any inaccuracies in personal information that has been previously provided to the Web site. Users may correct or update their information by sending an e-mail to the email address stated above.
14. Feedback.Users may provide feedback (e.g., input and suggestions) to Bubba's Bits regarding the Bubba's Bits' Web site. Users providing feedback must provide their name and e-mail address. Any contact information entered when providing feedback will only be used to acknowledge or respond to that feedback. Users are encouraged to provide their input and suggestions by sending an e-mail to
Copyright © 2003-2008 Bubba's Bits. All rights reserved.